Manages administrative and technical pharmacy activities. Requisitions, shares, compounds, and dispenses prescription drugs. Safeguards managed drugs. Maintains and operates pharmacy information systems. Related DoD Occupational Subgroup: 312.
Duties and Responsibilities
Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals. Interprets prescriptions and formulation for appropriateness and conformity with established hints. Confers with prescribers or patients on inquiries to guarantee preferred therapeutic final results. Performs and verifies pharmaceutical calculations. Selects and prepares drug orders in keeping with universal requirements. Manufactures, labels, and stores arrangements consistent with usual compendia and reference literature.
Performs stock manipulate capabilities. Establishes requirements, requisitions, and stores capsules and system. Prepares orders wanted for emergency, managed drug, or different unique items. Initiates defective drug product complaints. Processes negative drug response reviews.
Plans and organizes pharmacy sports. Develops low cost, efficient paintings strategies and running tactics. Coordinates pharmacy sports with different functional regions. Develops and directs pharmacy quality guarantee applications.
Inspects and evaluates pharmacy activities. Conducts periodic inspections of all drug garage and usage areas. Corrects discrepancies and continues inspection reports.
Develops formulations. Assists inside the improvement of recent or modified drug formulations. Maintains current drug statistics literature for pharmacy and clinical workforce. Participates in Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee features.
Performs pharmacy administrative features. Provides proper renovation and disposal for all pertinent Air Force and drug records. Prepares and revises Medical Facility Drug Formulary.
Operates and continues data automation device. Performs routine cleaning and upkeep of laptop software program and hardware. Revises records automation desires in accordance with current technology and availability.
Knowledge is mandatory of: pharmaceutical chemistry; pharmaceutical calculations; pharmacology and clinical ethics; pharmacy management; clinical administrative processes; pleasant assurance; scientific supply and nearby techniques; documentation management.
For entry into this uniqueness, a hit completion of 12 months of excessive college or one unit of college algebra in obligatory. Completion of high faculty or college publications in anatomy, body structure, biology, chemistry, computerized records processing, and typing is desirable.
For award of AFSC 4P031, crowning glory of a fundamental pharmacy course is obligatory.
The following experience is mandatory for award of AFSC indicated: (Note: See Explanation of Air Force Specialty Codes).
- 4P051. Qualification in and ownership of AFSC 4P031. Also, revel in in getting ready, storing, or allotting medications.
- 4P071. Qualification in and ownership of AFSC 4P051. Also, enjoy performing or supervising characteristic consisting of compounding, storing, or allotting medicinal arrangements.
- 4P091. Qualification in and ownership of AFSC 4P071. Also, revel in dealing with capabilities such as the ones concerned in administrative and technical pharmacy operations
The following are obligatory as indicated:
- For entry into this forte, ordinary colour vision as defined in AFI forty eight-123, Medical Examination and Standards.
- For award and retention of AFSCs 4P031/51, ability to keystroke at a fee of 25 phrases consistent with minute.
- For entry, award, and retention of those AFSCs, potential to speak exceptionally without speech obstacle.
- For award and retention of AFSCs 4P091/00, capability to talk sincerely, both orally and in writing.
Strength Req: H
Physical Profile: 222221
Required Appitude Score: G-forty four
Course #: J3AQR4P031 002
- Length (Days): sixty three
- Location: S
Course #: J5ABO4P031 001
- Length (Days): 15
- Location: S