The infantry is the main land combat pressure and the spine of the Army. It's similarly important in peacetime and in combat. The Infantryman's role is to be geared up to protect our united states in peacetime and to capture, wreck and repel enemy ground forces at some point of combat.
Do you want to turn out to be a preventing member of america Army? Consider the 11X recruiting program that pipelines the Army Infantry training software from Basic on your first command. As a recruit and new trainee, the 11x program will task you and test your will to look if you could emerge as an Infantryman 11B or "Eleven Bravo."
Out of the 2 11x alternatives (11B / 11C) most will become 11B as there is more of a need for them in the Army. How crucial is infantry to the Army? The infantry is 15 percent to 17 percentage of the Army.
You cannot enlist with a guarantee for MOS 11B. Instead, you enlist beneath the Army's 11X - Infantry Enlistment Option, and during schooling, you may be targeted as both MOS 11B, Infantryman, or MOS 11C, Indirect Fire Infantryman. But you need to earn it, assembly the requirements along the journey while in schooling.
Infantryman (11B) Duties & Responsibilities
As an infantryman, you will have many duties and obligations, including the following:
- As an 11B Infantryman, help in the overall performance of reconnaissance operations, appoint, fireplace, and recover anti-personnel and anti-tank mines, and discover and neutralize mines, function, mount/dismount, 0, and have interaction objectives the usage of night time imaginative and prescient sight.
- Operates and preserve communications equipment and operate in a radio net; function in an NBC contaminated region; assemble discipline expedient firing aids for infantry weapons; carry out as a member of a fire group at some point of a movement to touch, reconnaissance, and protection, an assault, protection, situational education sporting events and all infantry dismounted battle drills.
- Process prisoners of struggle and captured documents.
- Lead an infantry group in fight operations, offering tactical and technical steerage to subordinates and professional guide to both superiors and subordinates in the accomplishment of their responsibilities; lead, supervise, and train subordinate employees.
- Call for and modify indirect fireplace; examine terrain and pick weapon emplacement; manage organic fires; installation and get better anti-handing gadgets on anti-tank mines and electric and non-electrical demolition costs; supervise the development of hasty fortifications and receipt, garage, and the difficulty of ammunition.
- Record operational statistics on maps; gets and implement fight orders, direct deployment of employees in offensive, protecting, and retrograde operations. Request, have a look at, and adjust direct assisting fireplace. Evaluate terrain and supervise the emplacement of sighting and firing all assigned weapons; use maps and map overlays, perform intersection and resection, and decide elevation and grid azimuths; lead a hearth crew at some stage in a motion to touch, reconnaissance and protection, an assault, protection, situational schooling physical activities, and all infantry dismounted warfare drills.
Infantryman (11B) Salary
Total reimbursement for this role consists of meals, housing, unique pay, medical, and holiday time. If you enlist beneath sure MOS codes inside the Army, you can also be eligible for certain coins bonuses of as much as $40,000 if the HR expert job is considered one of the Army's Jobs in Demand.
You will also be capable of earn schooling advantages, together with scholarships to cowl the whole fee of tuition, a stipend for residing prices, and money for books and charges.
Education, Training & Certification
Preparation to be an infantryman entails trying out and numerous kinds of training.
- Testing: ASVAB Score Required: ninety in aptitude vicinity CO.
- Initial education: Initial Training on this MOS is mostly conducted thru One Station Unit Training (OSUT), which mixes basic schooling and activity schooling into one unmarried course of training. OSUT for 11B, Infantryman is 13 weeks, three days at Fort Benning, Georgia.
- Additional Training: Specific formal schooling possibilities for this MOS, consisting of advanced education guides available at unique factors of the soldier's career, may be observed on the Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS) Web Site.
Other requirements: This activity is open to ladies and men who meet the following extra necessities:
- Security Clearance: None required
- Strength Requirement: very heavy
- Physical Profile Requirement: 111221
- Color discrimination of purple/green.
- Correctable vision of 20/20 in a single eye; 20/one hundred within the different eye.
Job schooling for Infantryman calls for 14 weeks, three days of One Station Unit Training (OSUT) which incorporates Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training. However, in 2019, the Army is including any other 8 weeks to Infantry Training to include expanding OSUT with a combatives route, fight lifesavers course, more day and night land navigation, and unique guns qualifications.
The new 22-week OSUT Infantry Training will have an operational focus for the Infantry Soldier. Soldiers will get extra day and night time capturing with their M4 rifle, M240 device gun, and the M249 squad automated weapon.
Soldiers may also spend greater time within the field, such as tactical training that focuses greater on squad formations at some stage in day and night time operations to include land navigation. Basic combative training (hand handy combat), tactical fight casualty care (TCCC) and greater may be added to the curriculum during the added eight weeks.
The delivered time also includes six days of car platform training that is an added 5 days. Soldiers assigned to a Stryker or Bradley unit will learn how to force and carry out upkeep on their assigned car as properly. The schooling will take place usually inside the area, with a few classroom training. Subjects consist of Landmine war, anti-armor strategies, M203 grenade launcher, gadget guns, military operations on city terrain and squad tactical training.
Infantryman (11B) Skills & Competencies
Candidates ought to have some different abilties so that it will help them excel in their position:
- Open mind: Open to accepting challenges
- Stress management: Has the ability to carry out nicely beneath strain
- Good bodily circumstance: Physically and mentally in form
- Interpersonal skills: Has the capacity to paintings as a group member
The abilities you study will assist prepare you for any chosen career. Soldiers interested in diverse jobs as soon as out of the army can be eligible for civilian employment by enrolling in the Army PaYS software.
The PaYS program is a recruitment choice that ensures a process interview with army friendly employers which might be seeking out skilled and skilled Veterans to enroll in their business enterprise. You can discover greater on line on the Army PaYS Program web page.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
The task of an infantryman is regularly finished in an outdoor setting, and employees can be transported to distinct locations through land, air or sea.
This function generally has a full-time paintings time table.
How to Get the Job
Complete Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training.
Take the ASVAB Test and achieve the suitable ASVAB Score. Required: ninety in aptitude place CO
MEET ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Comparing Similar Jobs
Regarding similar civilian occupations, there's no civilian career that is directly equivalent to MOS 11B. However, the subsequent civilian occupations employ the abilities evolved through MOS 11B education and enjoy, proven with their annual revenue:
- Security Guards: $28,530
- Training and Development Specialists: $60,870
- Entrepreneur (Coffee, Veteran T-shirts, Movie Industry, Video Production, etc): (Earnings vary)